Insulating firebrick offers a unique combination of insulating properties along with load bearing ability. The temperature ranges are from 2000º F to 3000º F, is where IFBs really shine. It’s low thermal conductivity are as low as ceramic fiber based products, but with the rigidity capable of dealing with harsh and abrasive applications.
CeramSource, Inc., provides a complete temperature range of insulating firebrick (IFB) that offers unsurpassed performance and value for a wide variety of industries and applications. Different grades of insulating firebrick are manufactured according to international standards, and are suitable to operate in various temperatures and atmospheres up to 3000º F. For more information please click here.
Features of IFB:
- Excellent strength at ambient and elevated temperatures
- High compression strength
- Every brick ground to precise dimensions
- Very low levels of iron and other impurities
- Lightweight and energy-efficient
- Lower heat storage than denser refractories
- Heats quickly and economically to operating temperature
- Cools fast to speed periodic operations.
Typical Applications of Insulating Firebrick:
- Glass Industries
- Ceramics Industries
- Electrolytic Aluminum Industries
- Iron & Steel Industries
- Non-Ferrous Metals Industries
- Power Generation Industries